Monday, March 7, 2011

21 Weeks

It's that time for the weekly belly shot again!  Malia was a good sport this time and delayed her almost instantaneous change into her jammies when she got home so I could snap this one.

She went to the orthopedist for her knee last week, and the good news is that the doctor doesn't think that there is anything wrong with the joint. He thinks that the pregancy has made her body have an immune response to her knee and will probably go away as soon as she has the baby. He prescribed  a brace, cold packs and a new chair at work so she could stay off of it.

Malia has been less than enthused about the new chair.  She emailed me today saying that she felt dumb rolling all around her office and that all of her coworkers thought she was being really, really lazy.  She especially didn't like it when I called her a cripple; she much preferred the term handi-capable.

Today we got the shipment my mother sent us, or rather sent to her granddaughter because it was addressed to her and not us.  She told me that she bought all the pink stuff that was in town, and she wasn't kidding.  There was even a bitchin' tie-dyed onesie.  Thanks to my Mom, she gonna be the pinkest, most tie-dyed newborn at the hospital!

On another note, today was my first offical day at the office.  It is a little strange because I've never worked in a professional office setting before.  Nothing bad, I'm just not used to such formality. I'm more used to a lewd and crude atmosphere. I did have a pretty uncomfortable moment in the lunchroom today. I brought my sandwich, chips & yogurt in a Safeway plastic sack and when I went to the cafeteria at lunch, I noticed that everyone else had a nice lunch tote thing. Not only did I have to sit by myself because I'm the new guy, but I brought my lunch in the most ghetto thing that I could have possibly chosen. A black hefty bag would have been worse, but not by much...

Anyway, so there I am sitting by myself and my stupid noisy grocery sack lunch is making the most noise that it can possibly muster.  So what does everyone do...stop talking and stare at the new guy with his ghetto lunch sack.  Awesome.  I felt like that fat kid at the 3rd grade lunch table who had the paper bag when all of his friends had the Han Solo lunchbox.  Lame...  So, I went and bought myself a fancy lunch carrier today; the Lunchinator 3000 with "New Cooling Gel Power!"  Eat that, assholes!  Bet your sack doesn't have cooling gel power, does it?

Other than that, it was a good day.  It was information overload, like any first day tends to be.

By the way, Stoner Dog Jax seems to be OK.  I'm not entirely sure he's sober yet though.  I just to this pic today, you be the judge :)

1 comment:

  1. : )
    Glad for the good report!
    As for the lunch room,
    I thought of tater tots for some strange reason.....
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/8732/napoleon-dynamite-you-gonna-eat-your-tots

    ReplyDelete