Saturday, February 12, 2011

I K E A !

Malia and I decided to make the trek down to Ikea this morning to try and find some stuff for the baby's nursery.  I know what you're thinking: "Ikea on a Saturday...are you stupid or something?" Well, if you have to ask that question, then you obviously don't know us that well.

"I see you've chosen the Ektorp"
Before I continue, I should explain what Ikea is. Some of our relatives don't live close to one, so they may not have heard of it before. It's basically a Swedish Wal-Mart, only just for home furnishings.  They have tons of stuff with awesome names like the Bjorn table and the Linnarp TV stand. Silly Swedes!.  Most of their stuff is designed by semi-famous designers so its pretty, and cheap too.

Well, this place is famous for being a complete zoo when all the mouth-breathers descend upon the store on the weekends.  We were pretty surprised when we found that it wasn't that bad.  It was crowded, but nothing too bad.  We found some really cute stuff.  I never thought that I'd get excited buying ladybug lamps and animal print curtains, but it was a lot of fun.  I think that we have finally figured out how we ant to decorate her room now.  Between the cute Ikea stuff and these really cool prints from a local artist, Noelle Dass; I think that we'll have a pretty cool room for her.

Quit playin' with yer dingy!
I've got to sand and refinish the upper part of her crib soon.  Its got some paint on it that will be right at mouth level once she gets to standing up and I'm not too sure about the paint.  I'd rather sand it off and refinish it with stuff I know is safe.  We don't want her ending up like Tommy Callahan.

We got our "Travel System" the other day as well.  A Graco carseat, stroller and two bases for both the cars.  The cute girly print that we wanted wasn't available anymore so we had to go with a more neutral pattern. Man, babies need lots of stuff.  Needy little wankers, aren't they? :)

Here are some pictures of our nursery in progress.  We still need to get the mattress into storage and pick a paint color, but I think it's coming along nicely!
Cool Sun light fixture

Ladybug & Flower lamps

Dog butt coat-hangers

4 comments:

  1. Neutral everything is smart if you intend to have another little wanker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocking chair will be the most used thing in the room! It is looking great. Love the "stimulation" factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I can't wait to see it in person. If only you guys didn't live so far away. ;)

    You guys are going to be such great parents.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete