Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good News!

I got a call from Boeing today, and I got the job!!!  

Baby Zack is disappointed in Adult Zack.
The phone rang just as I was finishing my sandwich and I ran to get it thinking that it was just Malia, bored at work.  My heart jumped up into my throat when I saw "The Boeing Company" on the caller-id.  It was my new boss, Bill, with the good news!  He said that the HR Department was completing an offer of employment and they should be emailing it to me with pay rate and all the corporate goodies in a couple of days or so.  I never thought that I would be so excited about corporate heath benefits...  If my childhood self saw me now, he'd probably kick me in the balls for being so lame.

Man, I am soooooooooo relieved to get this job.  My VA benefits for school, which is a large chunk of what we've been living on, were going to run out by the end of the year and I was getting pretty damn nervous about being able to financially take care of a new baby.  Well, I'm still pretty worried about that, but to a much lesser degree now : )

I made some changes to the blog recently. I fixed the email subscription box on the right, so it should be working now in case you want to subscribe.  I also added a Facebook and Twitter button for those times when you feel compelled to share my my literary genius with the world, which is almost always, right?. Almost? :)

787 Zackliner - Sounds good right?
I'll have to propose that to the new boss.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!
    Wade and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled for you. I think that we should photoshop a snapshot of you in the above picture....just saying...
    Love Dad and Lisa

    ReplyDelete